How do I know if I reside in the Unincorporated Area of Mecklenburg County?
You can identify your location in the Unincorporated Areas with either or both of the options presented below.
• You contract with a vendor to pick up your trash and recycling. Solid Waste (Trash & Recyclables) services are NOT provided by either the City or the Towns.
• ONLY Mecklenburg County will be listed under Tax Districts with other items and NO CITY or TOWN taxes are listed on your bill.
Review your tax bill to check if the residence is located in Unincorporated Mecklenburg County. Follow the instructions below:
1) Click on the link below and” Search By” criteria
2) Enter criteria information and click go
3) Result populates click under the selected criteria
4) Tax bill list will generate Click on a bill number
5) Tax bill detail will populate.
To populate your tax bill please click the "tax bill" link below.
Applications for rent and utility assistance will open on July 1, 2022.
Important- New applications will only be accepted for Mecklenburg County townships and incorporated areas.